We can offer employers a range of opportunities to meet with our students and recent graduates on campus. Whether you want to raise the profile of your organisation, or have specific vacancies to promote, we can help.
Promote your organisation and opportunities
- Employer presentations: promote your opportunities and organisation by delivering a presentation in one of our fully-equipped seminar rooms on campus.
- Drop-in sessions: have a stand on campus - either in our busy Library Cafe or within an academic department if you wish to target specific students. You can promote your opportunities and organisation informally one-to-one.
Share your expertise
- Skills workshops: employers often visit Sussex to run skills-based sesisons for our students. Recent hevents have included: presentation skills, networking, commercial awareness and assessment centres.
- Events within academic departments: some academic departments run their own careers activities. We can put you in touch with them if you would be interested in getting involved.
- Alumni focused events: we regularly run events, in collaboration with our Alumni Office, featuring Sussex graduates speaking about their experiences in various career sectors. Recent examples include: Careers in Science; Careers in Media; and Careers in Development & Charities. If you are a Sussex graduate, or have one working in your organisation, we'd be pleased to hear from you.
We can advise you on dates and times, and which option we feel would be most appropriate to your requirements. There are no costs involved (unless you choose to have catering at your event).
How will your event be promoted?
Your event will be added to our online event listing. Students sign up to attend via CareerHub so we are able to monitor interest.
You can select who you want to target for your event (e.g. by year group or by degree subject) and we will ensure that the relevant students are informed. Our marketing and communications strategies include: targeted email, social media, our website and plasma screens around campus.
If you would like to receive further information about Careers Fair, one of our other fairs, or our events programme, please contact:
Graduate Employment and Events Adviser
T: 01273 678429